bbbart

The Brothers Karamazov
Konstantin Mochulski, Andrew R. MacAndrew, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power
Steve Coll

The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies - Chet Holmes, Michael Gerber, Jay Conrad Levinson, Michael E. Gerber Okay, it's another American book on business and this one is perhaps even more `American' than all the others. Everything is repeated, data is served in very small chunks, the author is shamelessly self-promoting on every single page, etc...

BUT

I do believe the content of this book and the learnings you get from it are extremely useful to increase your companies sales productivity. I also liked the link the author makes between business and life. Success in either one basically requires a very similar set of skills.

The Ultimate Sales Machine is a very practical book with exercises, examples, simply laid out strategies and tactics. The key learning, which I love, however, is the do-this-and-do-that but that `pigheaded discipline and determination' will bring you everywhere you want. And that's a great thought for (business) people to understand.